AKE, sheer incompetence...

This forum is for English language discussion about Opels, Opel Club Finland and related issues
rekkumies
'Kadett'
'Kadett'

AKE, sheer incompetence...

Viesti Kirjoittaja rekkumies »

Hei, anteeksi jos kirjoitan englanniksi, se on hieman helpompi minulle.

I am writing these lines as to manifest my absolute displease with AKE's performance.

I bought an old Opel Omega in August last year. I was very busy at the time.

Nevertheless, the same week I bought it, I made an application to the insurance company.

Not a month after, I got a bill from AKE, demanding me to pay the Road Tax. Which I did.

I even went to think: "OK, I got the bill from AKE, it means that they already got information from the previous owner, and I'll be getting the registry papers at home very soon".

Poor me :bonk:

I know from experience that insurance papers usually take a while before actually also being sent to you, but half a year later, I thought it was too much; something somewhere was wrong. :hammer:

I then went to the insurance company, where I was told the insurance was not valid until I had the registry papers.

OK, I went to AKE. I was told there that I could not get the registry papers because I had no insurance. :yes:

After five visits to Ake and three to the insurance company, I finally got both the insurance and the registry papers, but that's not the end if the story:

The car was registered to 7 people, now it appears registered to five :lollis:

And to make things even better, I got a letter from AKE saying that the previous Road Tax was somehow invalid, that I'll have it back in tax return (next year), and that I will have to pay it AGAIN. :banghead:

How good bureaucracy do you think this is?

Does anyone know why the car has all of a sudden been re-registered to 5 occupants, and is there a way of avoiding to have to pay the same tax twice?

Thanks
Opel Rekord C Caravan 1971
Opel Rekord C Caravan 1970
Opel Omega A Caravan 1989
rekkumies
'Kadett'
'Kadett'

Re: AKE, sheer incompetence...

Viesti Kirjoittaja rekkumies »

Regardless of the pleonasm:

Feel free to exercise your freedom of speech... :lol:
Opel Rekord C Caravan 1971
Opel Rekord C Caravan 1970
Opel Omega A Caravan 1989
Timonen
OCF Yhteyshenkilö
OCF Yhteyshenkilö

Re: AKE, sheer incompetence...

Viesti Kirjoittaja Timonen »

Isn´t that Road Tax that annual thing? That you have to pay every single year from each car that you own?

And if the previous owner has paid the full season and then you buy the car, AKE will sent you bill regarding to amount between the ownership change and tax season end. The previous owner will get his money back from that time.
But sometimes AKE makes mistakes and bills you the whole season. That´s why they then will compensate the amount you have paid too much to the next year.

Hope you can understand something about my writings...
Vectra B X25XE Sport -98, Vectra A C25XE CDX -94 ja Ascona C C20NE Irmscher Sprint -87 (projekti)

Vuokraan V6-jakohihnanvaihtotyökalusarjaa
Vastaa Viestiin