Help! Leak!

This forum is for English language discussion about Opels, Opel Club Finland and related issues
irYobYetaMis
OCF Yhteyshenkilö
OCF Yhteyshenkilö

Help! Leak!

Viesti Kirjoittaja irYobYetaMis »

I have a 2001 Vectra 2.6 V6 24v. It has driven 124000km. :D 3 weeks ago had its full service, cambelt and waterpump changed (wasnt cheap!) and they set cambelt too tight to begin with, had to return car to them before it snapped! :banghead:
Then, around 1 week ago I noticed it has developed a leak from somewhere around the bottom/middle front end of engine (or is that the gearbox on this model?) The liquid leaking is pink/orange in colour and VERY clean and strong tasting. :food: The car is NOT losing any water, brake fluid or power steering fluid and drives perfect. :peukku: The leak is not big at all but noticable.
Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Could it be something not done correctly in service, something too loose for example? Could it be from gearbox or anything (assuming they changed this in service? as the liquid is very clean/new looking)
ANY help in this would be greatly appreciated! :arque:

Chris
Vuoden foruumilainen 2017, 2018
Formulatietäjä 2014
tursas
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'

Re: Help! Leak!

Viesti Kirjoittaja tursas »

You should first find out exactly that place, where that leak exists. Put your head under the car and see or drive it some diy-station, then you see. Gearbox oil is pink, smells good and tastes bad..., sorry my english...
irYobYetaMis
OCF Yhteyshenkilö
OCF Yhteyshenkilö

Yep, it's pink, tastes bad smells o.k. I have checked location abd have good idea where from, but because of my bad technical knowledge i can't name the place :( Except it is from the middle (keski) and about difficult to reach :o Do you know if they change gearbox oil in the 120tkm service? I thought maybe gearbox but then, if they didnt change, how come it is so clean!? But, if they DID change and now there is a leak, maybe it is under guarantee? Depending where EXACTLY the leak is from of course.
Is there danger that my gearbox will break or sieze? Can I add more to 'top up' if so, where?? I dont have a manual for the car :(
T. Chris
Formulatietäjä 2014
tursas
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'

Viesti Kirjoittaja tursas »

But, well, well, If you just had that full service, could you go there and ask what is that and they will check that out, hard to say here (me), whatts it upp. Gearbox is between front tires, not in midlle (keski) and so on..
irYobYetaMis
OCF Yhteyshenkilö
OCF Yhteyshenkilö

Update!

Leak was a very slight one from thermostat seal, now fixed and running great :D
Formulatietäjä 2014
Vastaa Viestiin